We have all been there. The home-run stretch to a long day…when your stomach emits that primal growl to let you know that it wants something sweet, and will accept no substitutes. Well, this tasty little treat is the perfect little serving size that only takes a few select ingredients, a large coffee mug, a microwave and a few minutes of your time to assemble Slightly dangerous, I know, but it sure beats shoveling down a whole cake to satisfy the craving. Give this tasty morsel a taste and let me know what you think in the comments section!
Summary: This mug cake maybe a little high in fat, but it is the perfect decadence to help fulfill a chocolate craving after dinner. And the best thing about this dessert is that it’s quick and easy, and you can have it ready in under 5 minutes, start to finish.
Contributed by: The Family Kitchen
- 4 tablespoons self rising flour
- 4 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Nutella (creamy hazelnut spread)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients in a large coffee mug. Whisk well with a fork until smooth. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 – 3 minutes. (Time depends on microwave wattage. Mine took 1 /2 minutes.)
- Top with whipped cream and a little chocolate sauce if desired. Top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. Enjoy!
Depending on the wattage of your microwave, you may have to increase cooking time.
Cooking time (duration): 2-5 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 1 large serving
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)