Contributed by: Delecta-dad
Summary: This recipe is triple threat: simple, inexpensive and nutritious for your favorite four-legged friend.
- 3 lbs of stew beef
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 large can of pumpkin
- Garlic powder
- Brown beef in large skillet, sprinkle with garlic powder
- Cut sweet potato into small chunks
- Put all ingredients into food processor and process until chunky (do not puree…give those pups something to sink their teeth into!)
- Put approximately 1 cup of mixture into individual small baggies.
- Freeze, then simply take out to thaw for a meal…combine with one cup of dry dog food.
Alternative: Mixture can be combined with brown rice and frozen…just double the portion in each bag.
Diet type: Gourmet doggie food
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 21
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)